The average height of an American woman aged 20+ is 5 feet 4 inches. The average height of an American man aged 20+ is 5 feet 9 1/2 inches. As a 5 feet 7&3/4 inch betch, I’m above average in the height department. I actually like my height, naturally I think it’s perfect. However, being on the tall side of the game really NARROWS down the dating pool of male candidates. Also, the fact that the average height of men in the US is 5 feet 9.5 inches really narrows down any prospect. Coming in at almost 5’8″, and constantly wearing heels – I’m looking like an Amazon Woman on the regular. (The link is fucking hysterical in the weirdest way possible, click it).
Tall Girl PROBZ: (maybe just mine…)
1. Is that a shirt or a dress?
Last night when I was out, I saw one excessively tall man who was wearing an un-tucked button-up shirt. His shirt was so fucking long in the back – I wear dresses longer than this guy’s shirt – and I wear short dresses! Sometimes it looks like I’m wearing a shirt.
2. Everybody can see you dancing. Granted, you can see everybody too – but like, don’t look at me.
Short guys NEED NOT APPLY. Almost to the point that average height guys need not apply. I can’t NOT wear heels – meaning, I’m going to be taller than you a large percent of the time. If you’re not okay with that, I’m not sure what to tell you. Try to grow?! Other tall betches can definitely relate to being the tallest girl in a room with your heels on and having a bird’s eye view of the entire room/bar/club/area that you’re in. And spotting only a handful of men that are above your eye level. This is so strange to me and such a bummer.
3. Your choice of wearing heels is a commitment of being well over 6 feet for the entire day. Cool. Or when people tell you NOT to wear heels because you’re going to be so tall! Don’t tell me what to do.
4. Insufficient leg room. Or if you’re like me with an extra long torso – INABILITY to wear rompers due to a camel toe like nobody’s business. Visual – sorry.
5. The clearance of any shoe department SUCKS. Bad. Don’t you wish you had those cute little size 7 feet that have plenty of on sale styles left? YEAH, ME TOO!
6. I don’t fit well in a bathtub. And I like taking baths – AKA need a huge jacuzzi tub with like seats because I’m too long.
7. Men just aren’t tall enough. Like don’t you wish he was a little bit taller than he is? Otherwise, he’s perfect. See Betches.
It’s not like I’m only into tall people – I don’t discriminate based on height. Average height is great – but a little bit above average height is much greater. As always, it’s all relative. If you’re a shorter betch, this doesn’t matter to you much. You can wear whatever size heels you want and you’re still not going to be taller than even the shorter dudes. Lucky you! You cannot consider being with a guy that’s under 5’9″ and that’s pushing it. For all of the vertically stimulated women out there, what do you do? Like – this is a problem & I need advice and help. Do I wear flats wherever I go? No. Not even a question – sometimes yes but really just, no. No. How do you feel turning down a guy who is pretty awesome but who is challenged vertically? Shawwwwtay? Please help. SOS. It’s easy to deny a short man that you don’t know – because honestly, they probably get intimidated being so much shorter than my height. But – I’m literally at a loss. WTF. Sucks to be tall-ish I guess?
Research, research, research…(this means Google shit about height & what people think about/what studies show about it). People do tend to partner with people of similar height due to a phenomenon known as assortative mating – basically, birds of a feather flock together. You end up with people who are a similar body type as you. However, after asking around, nobody seems particularly ecstatic about their partner’s height. No conclusions here – need some #help. Where do tall betches go to find tall dudes? What do tall betches do about average height or worse, short guys?