11 because it’s a skinny looking number…
1. Black looks good on everybody. It’s slimming…listen to Christian Dior.
2. Black is chic. I’ve never seen black look bad unless it’s faded, then questionable.
3. Black will never go out of style. It is in fact, timeless. Not trendy, nor tacky. It works in every season.
4. Once you go black, you never go back? It looks great on every skin tone. 5. There’s NEVER a reason to not wear black. Black is always kind-of dressy.
6. There’s a reason why love is deep.
7. I’ve never met another color that has as many emotions as black does. It can be anything you want it to be and it pulls it off every damn time.
8. Black is punctual. It also means you never have to worry about matching. Anything.
9. Black says: “Ooh, she means business.” Black makes anyone look mature.
10. Black also conveys a straightforward sense of being. Honesty is black. No grey areas here. Black & White for all of the right reasons.
11. Black camouflages any stains! Perfect for messy people like myself.
and for good luck ❤
* Black does not judge whether your clothes are expensive or cheap. *
I’ve been saying this all along…
Life Looks Better in Black.
For the backpack loving type (not exactly me), I just LOVE bags. This Harper Ave. “Cyclades” white patent leather backpack was screaming out, “BUY MEEEE!!!” the moment I set eyes on it. This bag is perfect for so many occasions – so obviously, campus life – during like the last 3 weeks of your semester – or if you go to school in warm climate – still basically only spring. Also great for outdoor, daytime events like a baseball game in the Spring, or a picnic in the park, walking casually around NYC, strolling through the city sightseeing & looking for a darling lunch spot, or shopping boutiques because it leave your hands free from a purse. Options are endless with this little gem of a bag. Found it at Need Supply Co. (www.needsupply.com) – my favorite shop in Richmond, VA. Wish they existed in New York. Literally has the best of everything – both men’s & women’s clothing and accessories. This store sets the standard of dressing well.
White can be difficult to wear for many reasons – if you’re like me and spill coffee/crumbs/beets every time you eat/consume any sort of food. It gets generally “dirty” from the fact that I also toss my things around on the regular. It’s long frowned upon “not before Memorial Day, and not after Labor Day” rule which is so passé because white is year round. But even so – white things are crisp, they have dimension and sharp lines. White, like black should be a staple in your wardrobe because it’s a neutral. Neutrals rule the “color” palette. If you’re uncomfortable wearing white clothing, stick to white/ivory accessories because they can have a more lasting effect.